For reasons unknown ASUS decided to leave out multimedia keyboard mapping on its UX32VD model which doesn’t side well with Windows 7/8 users. This tutorial adds basic multimedia keyboard key mapping support – Play/Pause Track, Previous Track, Next Track – to Windows 8 and is not limited to just the above UX32VD model.
- Install AutoHotKey
- Add the following lines to your AutoHotKey.ahk script
#F10::Media_Play_Pause #F11::Media_Prev #F12::Media_Next
- Reload the hotkey script by right-clicking the AutoHotKey tray icon and selected Reload This Script
- Open Windows Music or Zune and play an album
- Hold down the Windows key and press F10 to pause the track, F11 to play the previous track and F12 to play the next track
Hey presto! Enjoy your new multimedia keyboard support.
Update: I tried remapping CTRL+Right Arrow without success, I suspect this is due to it already being mapped by Windows to ‘skip to next word in sentence’. Windows+% is good enough for me!
Here’s my shopping list from HobbyKing, eBay sellers/other RC suppliers for my new X525 build.
- Turnigy nano-tech 2650mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack
- Turnigy 9XR Safety Protected 11.1v (3s) 2200mAh 1.5C Transmitter Pack
- Turnigy 9XR Transmitter Mode 1 (No Module)
- FrSky DF 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for JR w/ Module & RX
- FrSky Lipo Voltage Sensor FLVS-01
Hi there, I’m setting up my new personal site to showcase my hobbies, interests and aspects of personal life that weren’t suitable on visser.com.au; now a dedicated storefront for Visser Labs and our free/Premium Plugins for WordPress.
I’ll be focusing on the following topics:
- Random projects