This section will allow me to tag published video posts and organise them into easy, browsable listings. I will then extend this feature into a sub-site enabling search, genre cataloging and the ability for registered members to create their own library/playlists or import their existing library from their YouTube favourites.
- Able to display a tag-specific listing of YouTube videos within a WordPress Page template.
- Site visitors and registered members are able to ‘rate’ content on a 5-star level.
- Working towards automated detection of broken/banned/removed YouTube videos with a new comment notifier within the Comments section of the WordPress Administration back-end alerting site authors (e.g. me) to update the broken clips.
- Show the highest rated video clips and manually featured items on the front page.
- Inclusion of a “Broken link” notifier that allows site visitors to interact without the use of traditional post comments.
- Taking a list of YouTube links then generating a playlist for parties or events, available only to registered members or site visitors coming in through landing pages.
- Alternate sizing of video clips (currently fixed resolution of WordPress component) from large (default), medium and small. Need to update the variables within WordPress component to allow for this functionality.
- Enable context ads within YouTube videos for ad revenue generation, if it’s annoying turn to on-page context ads or tag promotions/sponsorship arrangement.