For new users setting up a DiskStation instance getting packages to play nicely with the DSM firewall is a little tricky. By default all ports in use by existing packages are disabled when the DSM firewall is enabled and on the first instance that each is used again you are notified with a prompt to allow future use, the problem is that this only happens when you re-start each service or after a system reboot. Here’s the fix.
- Connect to the Administration of your Synology Diskstation as an Administrator group user (e.g. admin)
- Open Package Center from the Main Menu
- From the Installed list select Photo Station
- Under the Actions dropdown select Stop, wait until the Status changes to Stopped
- From under the Actions dropdown again select Start
That’s it, open Photo Station from your browser!