So you’ve updated Chrome (version 31+) and re-installed Adobe Flash Player (version 11.9 r900+) a countless times yet web pages with Flash still crash? Welcome to my world.
If Chrome has for whatever reason decided to not play nice with Adobe Flash Player ala Shockwave Flash try this trick out, turns out it worked for me and doesn’t leave you simply disabling Flash content like other YouTube fixes…
- Via the Chrome Address Bar enter ‘chrome://plugins’ and press enter
- From the Plug-ins screen that opens in your browser tab click Details from the top-right corner of the screen
- Under ‘Adobe Flash Player’ check if it says ‘2 files’ beside the Plug-in name and version
- If it does say 2 files hit Disable for the ‘file’ that has a Type of ‘PPAPI’
- Open a web page that has a tonne of Flash content… hooray!