Setting the Home address on Mazda’s Connect Navigation App is done during the first-time setup of the navigation App, set it and forget, but it’s not obvious how to change the Home address at a later time.
Here’s how to update the Home address on the MZD Connect Navigation App:
- Start your Mazda car and wait for the Mazda Connect platform to load
- Open the Navigation App
- Select Favourites from the Navigation menu
- Highlight the Home menu option
- Press and hold down the Commander button down for up to 5 seconds *
- Select Edit to update the Home address
- Set your City/Suburb, followed by Street and Number
- Save your changes
That’s it! 🙂
* The Commander button is shown as the main dial in the lead image above this Post that you use to interact with the Connect platform whilst driving.
By default Mazda Connect’s Watchdog service restarts the CMU on any error, to the general public this is a god send as the Watchdog resolves common issues by rebooting the system (e.g. Navi going silent, any screen lock-ups, etc.) but for developers this can have the unintended action of locking us out of SSH access from a simple mistyped character.
Here’s how to turn the Mazda Connect Watchdog service off, keep in mind this command only persists until the Mazda Connect system is rebooted (e.g. after turning the engine off for a short period of time).
echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/Watchdog\ Disable/value
You can check if the Watchdog service is now inactive by running:
cat /sys/class/gpio/Watchdog\ Disable/value
There are ample instructions online for how to set up the above command to persist even after rebooting but I won’t provide this here.
That’s it! 🙂